Wednesday, October 06, 2010

love

What is love? Is there such thing as true love? Can we be with our beloved for the rest of our lives? These are the questions that have been swimming in my mind for a few days now. As Tong says to Mew in 'The Love of Siam', a movie which has been nominated for the Best Foreign Film in 2008 Oscar Awards,

"I can't be with you as your boyfriend, but that doesn't mean that I don't love you"

Is it true? Can we sacrifice for our loves? Are we willing to put everything aside for the sake of our loves? I seriously don't think that it is necessary. Loving doesn't mean that we have to be with that person 24/7 but at least we should know what happened in their lives. It is that simple. Respect and tolerance; two of the most powerful recipe in a relationship.

There are so many types of love in this life. Familial love, reciprocated love, self love, unconditional love, contract love and so on. But, is it fair for a person to loose someone they loved so much after facing so much obstacles?

In 'Bangkok Love Story', a target fall in love with his supposed-to-be killer (the killer realizes that he is innocent and released him). However, their love does not last long as they had promised. The killer was shot (the use of silencer) while he is holding the target's hand just after the former was released from the prison. After a few lonely years, they finally manage to meet each other again and have the chance to complete their promise.

But no, the lover was killed for his past without having the time to say 'I love you' to his partner. He does not even have time to be 'the eyes for (his partner) forever' as he had promised. And to make it more tragic, the partner is blind. How cruel is that! I'm emotional when I'm writing this because it is unfair! They deserve to be happy after all those terrible years. Just imagine a blind man crying his lungs out beside his dead beloved in the rain. That scene shattered my heart into pieces.

What I can do now is pray. Pray for that special someone to fill my empty heart. Fill the spot left by someone whom I thought is my better half for the rest of my life. I'll just pray for that person to come and rebuild my confidence in relationship.

Is there any true love?
Is there any true lover?
Is there any true happiness?
Is there anything left to love in this world?

Only time will tell and I'll just pray for that moment... till my last breath...

No comments: