Friday, December 31, 2010

YES!!!

Actually, I'm not as excited as the title shows. I only took the title due to the Year End Sale (YES) that is happening all over Malaysia right now (lol). In about four and a half hours from now, we will step into a whole new year with hopefully a whole new chances for us all to improve ourselves academically, physically or even spiritually. All these elements will promise us a shining future only if we strive to maximise their potential.


Well, I'm not here to talk (again) about the importance of coordination in our lives but mostly about our pasts. 2010 will leave us but there're 1001 stories marked in it. From the first second of 2010 till now, there're thousands of experiences; happy or sad, good or bad, on friendship, on love life, on family trouble or even our inner self dilemma; have put a significant role in creating at least an ounce of what we're today. Experience is a very big word in a human life.

Sometimes we matured from those incidents, sometimes we learnt something from them but sometimes we're so ignorant of what happened around us that at one point, when the same thing repeats itself on us, we chose to blame the fate and time. Is it fair for us to put the blame (literally) on others? "Life s***s!" "Life is unfair!" "I'm ****ing tired of life!" Is this our attitude after winning the ultimate race of living in our mother's womb. How ungrateful we are!


I think enough with the serious talk. This year I've learnt about love; loving others as well as loving myself and learning on how to let our beloved go. It is painful but I believe that if we love someone, we would surely want that person to be happy although it means we're back in the market (so to speak). Is it wrong to love? I've learnt from someone near the end of this year that love does not mean that we should be with the person forever. There're a lot of obstacles in love and at my current stage (a student), it is better for me to create a spider web of friends first.

As what the ancestors say, "Keep thousands of friends but love only one." It is true that love phase is mind blowing, amazing, breathtakingly beautiful and so many other metaphor and romantic description that was used to explain the feelings and emotion turmoil of the lovers. But, friendship is what remain till the end of our lives. It is our friend that will pray for us on our death bed and they're also the one who guide us and make us whoever we are in the future.

I've also learnt about the importance of time. The death of two people in my friends cycle really opened up my eyes that we will never live forever. We will never have a happy day forever and we will never be with a person forever and ever as we're mortal and we're bound to meet the Creator.

I'm shivering when I'm writing this as we will never know when it is our turn to meet Him. It is kind of creepy but at the same time, it makes me realise that I should make the best out of every second that in ticking in my life. Not one second wasted as each and every second is so precious as long as we breath. Farewell 2010 and welcome 2011.


I'll leave this year with a section of my poem;

"Life is cruel, life is unfair,
Life is hurtful and full of despair,
But life is also shimmering like Eden's flair,
As long as we're thankful for each intake of air"

No comments: